Pricing & availability
5 bedrooms, sleeps 10
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Bed linen & bathroom towels; light midweek clean and towel change; pool heating Apr-Oct inc.
- Compulsory extras: Late check-in: 7-10pm = 100 EUR+IVA; after 10pm = 150 EUR+IVA
- Optional extras: Extra Z-bed 75 EUR/week; 3G wifi device 50 EUR/week; travel cot / high chair 40 EUR/week each; pool heating outside April-October = 150 EUROS/week. Extra cleaning, chef, grocery shopping, child care, car hire, drinks delivery service (30 EUR for a 6 litre beer keg!) available on request subject to availability – please enquire for more details.
- Security deposit: EUR 500
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Arrival and departure: Arrival from 3pm (please see 'extras' for late arrivals), departure by 10am please.
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
What makes Villa Celeste a great holiday rental
Occupying the largest and most private plot on the estate with incredible ocean views, this is a truly special villa. With beautiful landscaped gardens and set within 1 acre of land, there's plenty of room to relax and enjoy the sea air. There's a private path straight down to the beach, for the ultimate beach villa experience.
Two or three families sharing or a multi-generational family trip. Also, groups of couples looking for spacious accommodation with excellent dining and relaxing areas will enjoy the sociable design of the outdoor dining area.
- Toddlers: hard electronic pool cover. Cot & high chair available (supplement applies).
- Teenagers: surf heaven!
- Reduced mobility: bedroom suite on downstairs level with ensuite bathroom.
Anything to watch out for:
The property is within a villa complex but is set in a large, independent plot (around 1 acre) and is relatively private
The villas and services available are independent from the Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel
Wifi provided by 3G device (supplement applies)
The balconies have metal railings but care should be taken with small children
This is such a beautiful and unspoilt area of the western Algarve, with so many idyllic beaches to choose from. You will find the local Portuguese people are very friendly which makes it easy to take little ones to restaurants in the evenings. These private villas located at Martinhal offer high quality accommodation and suit families wanting more privacy than a resort holiday offers, as well as allowing you to experience the real western Algarve.
A spacious and very impressive villa with stunning ocean views and beautiful landscaped gardens.
Master bedroom suite (with ensuite bathroom) and 3 twin rooms. A shared family bathroom as well as additional separate WC. Access onto the pool are and terrace through patio doors.
The villa is arranged with living areas on the first floor to take advantage of the stunning ocean views!
A second master bedroom suite (with ensuite bathroom) and an additonal, separate WC. Ample living areas including a fully equipped kitchen and dining area for 10 as well as a comfortable and spacious lounge - all enjoying incredible views of the Atlantic and with access onto the terrace.
Set in a plot of 1 acre, there's just so much outdoor space to enjoy, and a real sense of privacy. The property is accessed down a private winding driveway lined with indigenous Algarvian olive trees. The fragrant gardens are simply beautiful, very well maintained and with lots of space for children to run around and play. First floor terrace accessed from the villa with gas BBQ and al fresco dining area as well as a separate and very spacious covered outdoor dining area at garden level and outdoor kitchen with its own BBQ - a great space for enjoying large family meals. There's a gated private path down to the beach, which you can reach in just a couple of minutes, the perfect touch for the ultimate beach villa experience.
2 master bedroom suites with king beds & 3 twin rooms
2 ensuites with bath + shower & 1 family bathroom with bath + shower. 2 separate WCs.
Private heated pool (heating included April-October), with electronic hard cover. Approx 9m x 3.5m
- dvd player
- satellite tv
- iron & ironing board
- tumble dryer
- washing machine
No pets and no smoking please
The villa is within the Quinta do Martinhal estate but it is independent of the Martinhal Hotel & Beach Resort services and amenities. The villa enjoys a relatively private plot and its elevated position affords impressive sea views across Martinhal Bay. The beach is less than 5 minutes' walk where you will find a couple of restaurants. It's possible to walk into Sagres, via the beach, in 20 minutes - there's a handy beach bar along the wat in case you get thirsty!
Praia do Martinhal lies in the Costa Vincentina Natural Park, a stunning stretch of coastal landscape in the unspoilt western Algarve, close to Sagres. The nearest airport is Faro, a 75 minute drive.
Nearest village / town: Sagres 1.5 km
Nearest beach: Praia do Martinhal - short walk (2 minutes)
Restaurant: Nortada - on the beach
Market: Sagres and Vila do Bispo
Distance to nearest major transport connections
Things to do and see
- Wasting a half day sitting in a beach cafe at Tonel, Mareta or Martinhal - take your pick!
- Sunset views from the Fortaleza or Cabo Sao Vicente
- Learn to windsurf or SUP at Praia do Martinhal
- Sea kayaking around the Sagres headland
- Espresso and a custard tart (just one!) at The Hangout
- Market at Vila do Bispo for fresh fish, fruit & veg and bread
- Hop in the car and explore the beaches of Costa Vicentina Natural Park - Amado, Bordeira Zavial, Beliche, Castelejo, Cordoama - spoilt for choice!
- Boat trips
- Mountain biking
- Water Park
Day Trip Ideas
- A day's surfing at Amado or Bordeira
- A bit of shopping and strolling the old town of Lagos
- Try a Jeep excursion and visit the parts of the coastline that other vehicles can't reach!
- Explore the Vicentina coastline by boat, hopefully spotting some dolphins along the way - boat-trips from Baleeira harbour
- Walk or cycle to Cabo de S. Vicente - Europe's most southerly point
The Local Area
The Sagres region is a beautiful, undiscovered corner of Portugal, and one of the Algarve's most unspoilt areas. The area enjoys comfortable temperatures all year round and can expect an average of 300 sunny days per year, with Atlantic breezes taming the heat of high summer.
Sagres is a tranquil, historic town with beautiful beaches, a picturesque harbour at Baleeira, a pretty square, and stunning views from the southernpoint. There are lots of places to wine and dine or simply have a snack - bistro style, pizzeria, typical Portuguese. There are restaurants with fabulous views, and others with sunshades and tables on enclosed patios along the main street where you can watch the world go by. For more nightlife & shopping Lagos is 30 minutes drive away. Vila do Bispo is a 10 minute drive and has a local market.
The geography of Sagres holds they key to its appeal - a remote and unspoiled corner of Europe, contrasting starkly with the majority of Algarve coastline. We weren't surprised to learn of Sagres' achievements...
You could visit a different beach each day in a fortnight's holiday and still have some left over. Some are only possible to reach on foot (bike or Jeep). The beaches facing west pick up the surf - Tonel and Bordeira for instance. For younger kids, the sheltered bays ofMartinhal, Mareta and Baleeira work well.
There are several surf schools based in Sagres.
This area offers excellent off-road cycling whether it's relatively short routes along the coastal paths or more adventurous excursions into the Alentejo wilderness. There are local companies that offer guided tours and route recommendations.
Scooter rental is also possible in Sagres town.
- 4WD excursions into the heart of the heart of the Costa Vicentina Natural Park
- Diving schools based at Baleeira harbour - the ocean waters here are reknown for their clarity and purity
- Boat trips to spot the schools of dolphins that visit the headland. If you're really lucky, a whale sighting is possible
- Have a go at Ecokart landsailing
- Golf at Budens
The fortaleza and lighthouse of Sagres are worth a visit - it's like Land's End but without the tourist-y naff-ness!
Good Sagres Addresses:
More Sagres Rentals
- Surfers Lab Sagres - rentals-repairs-lessons-dolphin watching-horse riding-diving-walking-biking
- Sagres Discovery Tours - explore Costa Vicentina by jeep safari
- The Hangout - relaxed cafe serving homemade fresh food with an ocean view
- Caffe Espresso - proper Portugeuse coffee shop near Mareta Beach
- Mum's - home-cooking, cocktails and a good veggie selection too
- Vila Velha - quality dining experience, very good menu
- aSagres - cafe/restaurant near Praia do Tonel
- Solar do Perceve restaurant in Vila do Bispo - unpretentious and great value dishes
Customer Reviews By Feefo
Review posted on 27 Dec 2017
Service: VERY GOOD SERVICE. QUICK AND EFFICIENT!