Pricing & availability
4 bedrooms, sleeps 8
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Bed linen & bathroom towels; light midweek clean and towel change; pool heating Apr-Oct inc.
- Compulsory extras: Late check-in: 7-10pm = 100 EUR+IVA; after 10pm = 150 EUR+IVA
- Optional extras: Extra Z-bed 75 EUR/week; 3G wifi device 50 EUR/week; travel cot / high chair 40 EUR/week each; pool heating outside April-October = 150 EUROS/week. Extra cleaning, chef, grocery shopping, child care, car hire, drinks delivery service (30 EUR for a 6 litre beer keg!) available on request subject to availability – please enquire for more details.
- Security deposit: EUR 500
- Changeover day: Friday
- Arrival and departure: Arrival from 3pm (please see 'extras' for late arrivals), departure by 10am please.
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES VILLA VERDE A GREAT HOLIDAY RENTAL:
- A quality finish - the villa offers a high standard of accommodation
- Beautiful outdoors area - pool, covered eating area with BBQ and beer tap (supplement applies)!
- Secluded, verdant gardens
- All bedrooms en-suite
- Traditional quinta-style architecture
- Enjoy bustling Lagos but retreat to the tranquility of your secluded holiday villa
Families who want beaches, activities and amenities in easy reach but who prefer to be away from the bustle of the coast.
- Toddlers - Pool safety net can be erected. Cot & high chair can be hired
- Teenagers - DVD and wifi, table tennis & table football
- Reduced mobility - accommodation all at ground level, no steps
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR:
An excellent choice for travellers who want the Algarve's climate and amenities but who prefer not to be in the heart of a bustling seaside town. Lagos is reknown for its iconic golden sandy beaches, clear blue waters and sandstone cliffs. It is ideal if you want great beaches but a little more besides... Away from the beaches you'll find much to keep you occupied: historic old town, marina, shops & resturants, markets and more. The active can enjoy SUP and sea kayaks around the sea stacks, snorkelling & diving, boat trips and bike rides. For kids there's Lagos Zoo and an adventure park.
High quality villa retreat with spacious and attractive interior plus a fabulous outdoor area
Beautifully presented and equipped for a high standard holiday. Villa Verde features a lovely combination of traditional Portuguese features and architecture with a very modern interior.
All the rooms are generously proportioned.
- Spacious entrance hall with table football
- 4 bedrooms with ensuite bath/shower rooms - 2 x double beds and 2x with twin beds
- Modern, high quality kitchen with all the usual appliances plus a breakfast bar. Utility room.
- Open-plan living room with lounge and dining areas. Feature fireplace and direct access to the pool terrace
- Separate TV room
The villa interior is very attractive but the outside is even better!
- Beautiful tiled pool surrounded by sunbathing terrace with sunloungers and sun umbrellas. A pool safety net can be erected for your stay
- Half an acre of verdant, lush gardens with a variety of interesting shrubs and plants, olive trees and palm trees
- Fabulous covered BBQ house with exposed beamed ceiling, comfy sofas, dining table, traditional 'chimney' BBQ and handy sink
- Outdoor table tennis for some family fun in the evenings
2 x with double beds + 2 x with twin beds
All bedrooms ensuite
Good size pool, pool heating included Apr-Oct. Safety net available. Corner steps into the shallow end
- dvd player
- satellite tv
- coffee maker
- fridge freezer
- iron & ironing board
- spin dryer
- washing machine
- charcoal bbq
- parking space
- table tennis
No pets & no smoking
Situated in the Colinas Verdes (Green Hills) to the north of Lagos, Villa Verde offers a highly tranquil retreat from the bustle of vibrant Lagos. The villa setting is very peaceful with just a handful of other houses nearby. There is definitely a feeling of peace and privacy. A car is essential.
From the villa it's 12 km into Lagos (allow 15 mins by car) and a similar distance to the marina and the many beaches west and east of the town.
To the west of Lagos is the stunning Costa Vicentina Natural Park where towns are few and far between. There are wonderful, secret beaches to explore and some stunning coastal scenery too.
Nearest village / town: Lagos 12 km
Nearest beach: Lagos 12 km
Restaurant: Short drive to local village restaurants + plenty of choice in Lagos
Market: Lagos 12 km
Distance to nearest major transport connections
Faro Airport 90 km
Things to do and see
- Kayaking around the sandstone rock formations
- We love the pro-putting course in the heart of Lagos!
- Surfing in the Costa Vicentina - head for Sagres
- Strolling Lagos in the early evening and soaking up the atmosphere of the old town
- Sunset dinner and drinks at Praia de Porto de Mos
- An easy day at the beach - Camilo is one of our favourites
- Finding the biggest 'gin palace' at Lagos marina
- Adventure Park
- Boat Trips
- Water Park
Day Trip Ideas
- A day at the beach in Lagos - so many to choose from
- Explore the famous Lagos coastline by sea kayak or stand-up paddloe board
- A day out at Lagos Zoo
- Head out west to Costa Vicentina Natural Park for unexplored beaches and great surf
- Explore Lagos old town and market
- Jeep safari tour
The Local Area
Lagos is a leading resort on the Algarve but it's well away from the well-trodden resorts you'll find around Faro.
We love Lagos because it brings together a great package for memorable family holidays - superb beaches, loads of activities and culture too. If you add to that a wonderful climate and superb cuisine then you have all the ingredients of a wonderful holiday.
The Lagos coastline is reknown for its spectacular sea caves, stacks, grottos and arches. There are many local companies that hire equipment and who provide guided excursions.
There are a dozen or so beaches in and around the town. Just to the east is Meia Praia which at 4 km is the longest stretch of sand on the western Algarve coast. There are many smaller coves immediately south and west of the town including Batata, Dona Ana and Camilo.
LAGOS FOR KIDS
- The beaches are excellent and numerous. Golden sands and beautiful, clear water
- Lagos Zoo
- Boat trips out of Lagos marina - dolphin spotting is a common excursion
- Plenty of activities on-hand - see below
This is where Lagos excels. You can easily fill a fortnight with a wide variety of activities. Here's just a selection:
- Explore the coast via sea kayak or stand-up paddle board
- Dolphin-watching boat trip
- Jeep safari
- Mountain biking excursion
- Golf if you want it but try the pro-putting garden for something more fun and less time-consuming!
- Diving and snorkelling
- Adventure park
- Sailing, wind-surfing and kite-surfing
- Surfing and boady-boarding (further west is best)
Lagos is steeped in history and there's a charming old town to explore with cobbled streets and wide choice of bars and restaurants. The historic old town has retained its charm and is surrounded by the city walls. There are several historic buildings including a castle. The town's market is 'a must' visit for fresh food and souvenirs. Across the water is the newer face of Lagos with it's splendid marina.
More Lagos Rentals
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.