Pricing & availability
Villa Beija Flor
3 bedrooms, sleeps 6
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Bed linen & towels, daily maid service, bath robes. Free access to the Spa (treatments charged)
- Compulsory extras:
- Optional extras: Wifi hot-spot; breakfast in your villa 12 EUR pp per day; treatments at Obidos Wellness Spa; daily cleaning 75 EUR; pet 25 EUR per stay
- Security deposit: EUR 250 held on credit card
- Changeover day: Flexible arrival/departure all season
- Arrival and departure: Arrival 15h - 21h; departue by 11h
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES VILLA BEIJA FLORA A GREAT HOLIDAY RENTAL?
- High quality modern villa with a fresh and contemporary interior design
- Natural & peaceful location, short stroll to stunning Lagoa de Obidos
- Enjoy late nights around the firepit
- Daily room service
- Bathrobes provided for guests!
- Option to add buffet breakfast to your rental
- Access to nearby Obidos Retreat for spa treatments (adults only)
Families who want a seaside holiday in a quieter, authentic part of Real Portugal. Great beaches, local activities and days out.
- Toddlers - cots available. Note swimming pools are not protected in Portugal.
- Teenagers - wifi in the villa. Quiet neighbourhood but plenty of water sports on the lagoon plsu golf & tennis nearby
- Reduced Mobility - not suitable
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR?
The villa is managed by the local spa resort. The spa facilities are for adults only.
Wifi is a chargeable extra locally.
WHY OBIDOS LAGOON?
The area is breathtakingly beautiful and natural. The shores of the lagoon are just a short stroll from the villa. The lagoon boasts superb sandy beaches and a host of activities. Walk or cycle along the lake-side path or hit the water via sea kayak, boat, SUP or kitesurf! If you fancy a short trip out, the gorgeous walled town of Obidos with its cobbled streets, ramparts and whitewashed houses, is just a 15 minute taxi ride. This is a beautiful area of Real Portugal, a world away from the busy Algarve coastline.
Contemporary villa with high quality finish, private swimming pool
Beija-Flor is one of a handful of villas managed by the Obidos Wellness Retreat, just a short walk from the villa.
In keeping with their resort, the villas have been totally renovated in a 'clean and modern' design with fresh, white interiors and high quality furnishings and equipment.
- Open-plan living room featuring: a high quality fitted kitchen with fresh, white units and quality branded appliances; dining area with table for 6; lounge with flat-screen TV. The living room has direct access to the garden, terrace and pool.
- Bedroom 1 - twin beds with access to the garden.
- Shower room and WC.
- Bedroom 2 - master bedroom featuring very modern bathroom (bath, shower, WC) and balcony
- Bedroom 3 - double bed and en-suite shower room + WC
- Private swimming pool 7 x 5m
- Enclosed garden, well maintained and includes firepit and BBQ
- Outdoor furniture provided
- Private parking
The 'adults-only' Obidos Wellness Retreat is a 5 minute walk away.
Guests staying at Villa Beija-Flor can use the spa facilities for 3 hours if they also book one massage/spa treatment:
- Saltwater lagoon outdoor swimming pool
- Himalayan salt cave*
- Sauna & steam room
- Outside jacuzzi
- Massage and beauty treatments (local charge) - full SPA menu available on request
- Yoga classes (local charge)
- Bikes available (free)
- Breakfast delivered to your door (see optional supplement)
*Learn more about the health benefits:
Benefits of salt therapy
Can an hour in a salt cave cure your ills?
For 12 EUR pp enjoy a relaxing breakfast delivered to your door: orange juice, cheese, ham, milk, butter, jam, sugar, coffee, tea, 2 mini bread per person, 1 croissant, 1 small cake, fruit, yogurts, and fresh cheese.
2 x doubles + 1 x twin
2 x en-suites + 1 x shower room
7 x 5 m plunge pool (unheated)
- coffee maker
- fridge freezer
- iron & ironing board
- oven & hob
- tumble dryer
- washing machine
- charcoal bbq
- parking space
No smoking, no pets.
The villa is tucked away near to the stunning Obidos Lagoon, a beautiful and natural environment with gorgeous sandy beaches and pine forest trails to explore. The villa is in fact located within the old Quinta de Obidos forest estate. There are no towns here as such. The little beach village of Bom Sucesso is 2.5 km where you'll find a couple of restaurants and amazing beaches at the mouth of the lagoon. The immediate area is very quiet with a few residential roads of second homes. The nearest main towns are (historic) Obidos 14 km and Caldas da Rainha 16 km.
Nearest village / town: Obidos 14 km
Nearest beach: Walk 700 m to lagoon; Ria Cortico is nearest main beach 2.5 km
Restaurant: Ria Cortico beach 2.5 km
Market: Obidos 14 km, Caldas de Rainha 16 km
Distance to nearest major transport connections
Lisbon airport 90 km - just over 1 hour
Things to do and see
- SUP on Lagoa Obidos at sunrise or sunset
- Bike ride around the lagoon
- Head to the cliffs near Bom Sucesso beach for amazing sunsets
- Kayak to Foz for a long, relaxing lunch in a beach-side taverna
- Rise early and watch the 'clammers' plying their trade along the lagoon shore - you could be eating them later!
- Obidos first thing in the morning before the tourist coaches arrive, or in the evening for drinks and dinner
- Boat trips
Day Trip Ideas
- Visit Obidos and stroll the cobbled streets or walk the ramparts of this walled 'city'
- A day on the lagoon - SUP, sail or sea kayak
- Cycle or trail run the lagoon perimeter
- Take sea kayaks across the lagoon to Foz do Arelho for lunch in one of the seaside tavernas
- A round of golf at Praia D'El Rey, West Cliffs, Royal Obidos or Bom Sucesso - four top quality courses within 15 minutes' drive
The Local Area
Life is very calm in these parts! The serene Lagoa de Obidos covers a vast area separating the resorts of Praia D'El Rey and Foz do Arelho.
There is much to enjoy about the lagoon both on and off the water - kayaks, sailing, wind-surfing, kite-surfing and SUP are popular and you can hire equipment locally. Or you can explore the shoreline on foot or by bike.
A short taxi ride of 15-20 minutes takes you to the picture-postcard historic town of Obidos with it's narrow, cobbled streets, whitewashed houses with terracotta roofs.
The town fills up with tourists by mid-morning. Our advice is to visit early morning or return for the evening. There's an excellent choice of tavernas and restaurants.
Walking the city walls is a must but take care - you won't find safety railings in Portugal!
- Discover the stunning beaches of Baleal near Peniche
- Boat trip from Peniche to the beautiful Berlenga Islands & marine nature reserve for snorkeling or even scuba-diving
- Definitely head for Ericeira, an historic fishing port about 45 minutes’ drive south, and explore the cobbled streets. There are lovely beaches with excellent surf either side of the town too – try Ribiero (north) and Lisandro (south)
- Feeling beach out – several historic or religious centres are nearby, including Mafra, Fatima, Batalha and the remarkable Sintra palace & park near Estoril – if you only manage one pick this one!
- Explore the cosmopolitan streets of downtown Lisbon - one of southern Europe's most historic cities
More Costa da Prata Rentals
More OBIDOS VILLAS & HOLIDAY RENTALS
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.